Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hmm....

I am in what you might call a state of mild confusion. I'm still sat in Liverpool, at the same desk i've been sat at for three years, wondering what on earth is going on here. In my house, two old housemates are leaving which is a bit of pain but hey, thats normal. However by the end of this week those two housemates will have left, their replacements will have arrived, and... and we will also have two other guys living in the house. This is cool/ok etc. The new housemates are guys i've known for 3 and 4 years, and the 'extra', 'temporary' housemates are/ should be good fun. But theres so much people moving going on right now that I feel disorientated. I wake up thinking 'Who's living in my house today?'... Odd.

The mild state of confusion also continues into the world outside of 31 Hallville Road. I have no idea who is living in Liverpool right now. Some medics I think... Now and again some guys will return/are returning to move stuff from house-to-house, go to church or just generally get some time away from home.. But again its disorientating - you run into people unexpectedly (though this is very cool and very much appreciated when it happens) and then theres no guarantee that you'll see them until September. I find this a weird way to socialise.

I guess what i'm craving here is some kind of stability. Whilst all this 'people moving' is going on I'm feeling increasingly under pressure to start producing work wise and its not easy. When your academic life involves virtually no connact with anyone, socialising takes on a new precedence. It is your life-line to normality. A bit overdramatic maybe but i feel its somewhat justified.

I'm also missing key people in my everyday life. At least one, maybe two, are not natives of this fair land and are in Ohio or Russia. And i am missing them dearly. Others are dotted around the UK, having either graduated or being on holiday. Its a real bummer to be honest. But hey there are worse things to deal with in life.

On a happier note I rather unexpectedly ended up in Brum (Birmingham) yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It is a vvvvvv nice city (i'd never been before - always associated the place with Spaghetti Junction, and dilapidated industry) - so, so nice. I ended up there as part of the ongoing Evans Felix Sarpong birthday celebrations. We were planning on going to Alton Towers (big theme park) but aborted on route and headed to the Brummie capital. Wise move. One of my good friends from Uni happens to live in the vicinity of B and after Evans gave him a call, Woody came down into the city, gave us a guided tour, and then we headed over to his home town and chilled out... Nice..

OK.. Time for work or something.. Oh and last night I had the hottest Chicken Tikka Masala I have ever had in my life. Soooooo hot - I got the feeling the chefs might have put in some Vindaloo curry sauce for a bit of a laugh... Hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

treece: strixie@AOL.com and toth: stofers86@hotmail.com.