Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Magnificent Attraction of Stairs


Strange title for a blog post you may think, and you would be right to think so. Its in reference to a curious thing I observed whilst at church today. The church I attend is held in a local school hall, the entrance of which is raised up from the actual hall itself. Consequently to get from the door to your seat you have to drop down a handful of steps. Simple enough and something I haven't really paid any attention to at all in the two years we have been in that building.


However, today I was stood by the door on welcome duty (essentially hello and welcome to Christ Church etc) and was highly distracted by the three young toddlers who were besoted with the stairs. No matter where mum or dad carried them to, they were determined to return to the simple staircase, whereupon they climbed it with great gusto and laughed heartily upon reaching the top.


It was all highly entertaining/distracting, and funnily enough I can just about remember when stairs held that kind of attraction to me.


So there you go folks - The Magnificent Attraction of Stairs.

No comments: