Sunday, February 17, 2008

October Sky


I'm beginning to develop something of a dislike for Sundays. A day which was not too long ago a great day of friendship and fellowship, and just last year was the day in which I was usually able to spend a little time with Steph, has now become a day for frustration and a very real physical and spiritual battle. Church, especially Christ Church in Liverpool, seems like a hundred miles away and the community of good old friends there seems to be more and more unfamiliar. Saturday night/Sunday morning is often a time of little sleep and of great spiritual attack, attack that I seem to be able to do very little about. The net result is that I wake feeling exhausted, frustrated, far from the Lord and usually spend Sunday at home, not at church, away from fellowship and friends, tired, broken and just fed up. Today was no different. But, alas, I whine.


On a slightly less miserable note, I watched October Sky today. Steph bought it for me as a surprise Valentine's present and it was great. I'd seen it before, but it was so nice to watch a genuinely uplifting film and a true(ish) story to boot. At the end I really did want to indulge my engineering skills and build a ruidmentary rocket/jet engine. Sadly, I lack actual skill and the requisite materials and tools to make anything. D'oh! Still, it is a spiffing way to spend an afternoon.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I understand how you feel....I've definitely felt like that from time to time in the last couple years....

BUT....for your excitement? no....its not a very exciting blog, but I finally have another one for the world to read!

enjoy!