In essence, after a few hours of prayer the other day I've decided that I could really use a timetable of sorts. One that will help me to gain discipline and structure in what would otherwise be an unstructured day/week/month/year. I have no idea what it will entail but here are some of the things I believe it should provide for:
- At least one time with the Lord a day - prayer and Bible study.
- At least one time with the Lord each week dedicated to Steph, and another for friends, and another for family.
- At least one period each day dedicated to jobs - even if I choose a course of study in the next year, I think this is important.
- One or two periods a week considering, researching, talking to people about a PhD and/or a Masters.
- Some form of exercise each day - even if its just an hour.
- Make time available for relaxation - I realise I do a lot of this already, but its not stress releaving. Infact its more often as not me watching something or reading whilst also being very stressed about not having a job etc. To relax knowing that I have been putting in some effort would be great.
- Invest some time each week in friendships. Be it e-mails, texts or even (gasp!) meeting up with people.
- Make cleaning and general domestic activity a priority at least once a week - cleaning my room and another part of the house.
- E-mail, send a card to, or facebook message Steph - as we move into the tail end of our second year of transatlantic dating, this surely has more importance than ever before.
- Spend an hour a week considering receipts and my finances.
I realise thats probably of no interest to you dear reader, but its been a useful five minute brain storm of activity as I plan this new timetable. Remarkably there seems like a lot to cram in there.
Thankyou as ever for checking in and reading. I do hope you enjoy the picture. It is of a rather remarkable sunset at Formby beach just the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment