Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Good Day/ Long Day: Take 2

I'm running out of creativity with my post-titles. At least for now.

Today has been another long, but good day. It has including being at Church, being on the Wirral, moving lots of furniture and driving around in a van. Marvellous.

I also just watched Black Hawk Down for the first time in a long time which was great, but also frightening. If you've not seen it then please do.

One particular aspect I took from the film was the moments when the troops are flying into battle, and all you see is the relative peaceful serenity and beauty of God's world - the landscape in short - and then within two minutes the troops are thrown into a deadly 'hornets nest' of bullets. Essentially it reminded me of this perfect world which God created for us, which is now a fallen, and very messed up world.

Oh, and this is a picture of the newly refurbished Peter Pan statue that they put back in Sefton Park recently. I tried to post it yesterday but failed as blogger wouldn't let me.

No comments: