
Now if you know me, and if you know me well, then you should be aware that I am not a sporting man. I don't particularly enjoy playing sports, and I won't often go out of my way to watch sports either. However, I do every now and again enjoy having a kick around in the park, and I also have moments when I will watch sport and enjoy it. And I'm having one of those moments right now.
In particular I'm enjoying my home town's rugby team, the Saints, sit at the top of the Super League table having not lost a game, while our traditional arch rivals Wigan languish at the bottom the table.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/table/default.stm (Bare in mind this is correct as of the 24/3/2006 - I will no doubt be cringing in a few months time as Saints begin to slide down the table)
This is a very rare moment indeed as Wigan have in the past, along with Saints, dominated the sport of Rugby League and thus both teams would be normally scrapping it out at the top the table. Its also something to savour given that Wigan and Saints have a bitter, and long standing rivalry. With both teams dominating the sport and coming from towns that are not only very similar in their history and make up, but also less than 10 miles away from each other, there is a lot at stake in which team is doing well and which isn't.
So yeah... Go Saints!!!
2 comments:
Boo Saints! Dont be mislead by their seemingly holy name (especially if you are new to the wonderful world of rugby league) Saints are nasty! ;) did i mention BOO SAINTS!
Hmmm... A mysterious person who doesen't like Saints? Maybe a Wigan fan.. Hmm... Very, very interesting innit. Well the table proves everything... Haha. Just kidding. ;-)
Post a Comment