Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sefton Sun...

I've had an interesting day today. I somehow dragged myself out of bed at 7 54 am (i made an agreement with a rather spiffing friend of mine that i'd try and get up at 8 am every day for a week) even though my body wasn't a big fan of the idea. Anyway, having sat zombie like for about an hour - not kidding - I had some breakfast, generally got up, and then headed out into the beautiful sunshine to meet up with my rather spiffing friend.

Me and said friend, who is a pretty amazing individual, then headed down to Sefton Park for a very enjoyable few hours. Ice cream, fantastic company, beautiful weather, nice surrounds - splendid. So very splendid.

After that I headed home to look at a presentation i have to prepare for Saturday 20th May, which isn't particularly enthralling me at the moment. Its an interesting task that lies ahead - presenting to my department for 20-25 mins, followed by a time of Q&A - but its also difficult to see the relevance in some respects as the task isn't assessed and I know that I need to work hard on my thesis as a whole. However, the task needs to be completed and it will be a good experience in terms of public speaking and presenting - something I haven't done for a while now. So yeah... Work. Ha!

And this evening I have just been to CU which was good. An interesting talk on the fall of man, the absolute importance of God's word and a reminder of Jesus salvation for all those who obey the Gospel. Marvellous.

No comments: