So later on today I'm going home to spend some quality time with my parents, enjoy the wonder that is my car and take in the rarity that is 'space'. All three of these are tremendous blessings in that I can go home and enjoy them, and, that they are so close to hand. My housemate Evans pointed this out before and its true. I am lucky.
And boy do I need them. Well maybe not the car - thats an added bonus. But seeing my parents will be nice. Why? Well first of all I really think that I need to go home to 'honour my parents' - to spend some quality time with them. This is something I feel I do not do well at the moment. Secondly its just so different being home - you get 'looked after' in a way that just doesn't happen at uni. Or infact in real life. Getting 'looked after' has obvious irritations - theres nothing like sensing like you've lost your freedom, even if that freedom is doing your own washing - but its something that we get few opportunities to enjoy and those opportunities are slipping away fast as we all get older.
And as for space then man do i need space - space in our house is at a premium right now. Hard to find and even harder to keep. Don't get me wrong. Its been a lot of fun living here over summer so far, but I need some breathing room. And I should be able to get that a plenty at home.
Anyway. I'm going home ladies and gents... Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment