Tomorrow I leave for a week in the Lake District which will be fantastic. It is a time to rest, relax, and just generally chill. I will be able to head into the mountains, wander around the lake, or stroll in the woods. I can go scrambling on rocky outcrops and take photos till i'm blue in the face. A local pub will allow me eat delicious food and enjoy a fine pint of local ale. So in other words it will be a great week, and I am really looking forward to it.
On the other hand I approach it with some trepidation. Why? Well I am massively behind with my Uni work and I need to get it done. This simple, basic and also terrifying fact is resting uneasily on my mind. Furthermore the week will be a lonely one. I am with family but I am the youngest by some 25 years and that shows when you are in an isolated part of the world. However... It will be a good week.
Today has been a quiet one. I had a peaceful morning watching cricket while my parents where out and about. The afternoon included a random trip to Liverpool. In the evening my dad let me drive is car which was COOL. He has a Landrover Freelander (basically a small 4x4, or SUV if you are American) and it is great. So, so fast and so much fun. And I get to drive it to and in the Lakes. I am a happy man at the moment. Oh and I also dismantled a wardrobe. As you do.
Laters...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey man, have fun on your holiday! I just started reading people's sites again and thought I'd say hi :) - Christy :)
Post a Comment