To blog or not to blog. That is the question.
So another blog in quick succession proving either that blogging is a great thing to do with your time, or more likely, that I have very poor time management. I'll let you decide that one...
Anyway. As I said briefly in the last post i've found things to be quite stressful of late. And I wish I could go into why here but I can't really. On the one hand its a general feeling of not really belonging (at least as a student) where I do combined with other pressures and stresses that taken individually amount to very little, but collectively take on a much greater significance. Then on the other hand there are things particular to this week which have added to my general state to make me feel as if I've reached rock bottom.
However the Lord is good and when I finally spent some time with Him in prayer and reading the Bible life looked significantly less bleak. And also some fantastic friends have helped me feel less under the weather. In particular I'd like to thank Brittney for letting me 'emotionally vomit on her' (to borrow her own phrase), the guys in my house and also my mate Joe who without knowing cheered me up no end with a perfectly timed e-mail. And thanks to Steph and Woody who kindly asked how I was doing but I didn't explain. Cheers guys. Appreciated.
Moving on to other things then I headed down to Sefton Park the other day to find loads of kids from my high school milling about the place. Kind of odd to be honest - but an interesting suprise nonetheless.
I've also been learning some new phrases such as Cool Beans (or Kewl Beans), Yes Siirie Bob etc. All courtesy of Stephanie. Cheers Steph. Ha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Rich, or Reech, as it seems to be lately. (To me, however, know you will always hold a special place as a Danny). Its good to know how you're doing. I hope that some of the 'pressures and stresses' you're facing have subsided. Its encouraging to hear you're in the Word and spending time w good friends. I look forward to keeping you posted on life in EGR. Since I've been home I've regained my love for college (or uni) football (the American kind), so I will try to keep you informed to the wins and losses of the University of Michigan. Go Blue. (Watch out...usually a statement like that will be followed by some form of Buckeye retaliation. I've learned my lesson over the years).
i will not stoop to the level of putting down the team that i have such passionate rage against.
reech--no problems dude. looking forward to our nice peaceful brit/reech walk to sefton tomizzle. let's just hope it's not raining.
Hey Van Geldy (as a certain person refers to you). Thanks for posting. I'm doing better now and yeah I'm so thankful I can look to the Lord. I am also eagerly looking forward to reading your blog, so keep it up. Ha. Take care Ash.
Rich
Post a Comment