
Good morning!!! The three exclamaition marks there (probably a record for this very understated blogger) suggest a level of excitement and energy that is definately misleading. This is because i'm writing at 6:55 am, and I've been up since 3:30 am, having gotten to bed at about 12:45am. Ok so theres a lot of am's in there, but seriously I feel a little tired. Ha.
But I want to blog. I haven't updated for a week now which is something of a record for me. So what should I blog about? Well... Right. Well first of all there is my situation. I'm up at this crazy hour as i've just dropped my parents off at the airport. They are flying to Germany to stay with some family friends and its brilliant that they are doing this. They haven't left Britain for 22 years so it is a good thing. But my parents being my parents don't half worry about things, and right up until they walked through security it felt like I was the one over fifty and they were the ones still in their early twenties, as i tell them not to worry and they ask me a hundred and one questions about check in and bag packing. Still I don't mind - its the least I can do for them and, to be honest, all of their worrying etc is quite amusing and endearing.
The airport was interesting. Very 'airportesque' you could say. Even at 5 am its still full of noisy kids, confused looking internationals, even more confused Brits, businessmen who have a smug no-it-all 'i do this every week' look, and, unervingly for a Brit who's quite proud and adjusted to the Police being unarmed, a Policeman equipped with a machine gun. Yikes!
It takes 25-30 mins to get to Manchester airport from here and I really enjoyed the drive. Ok, so it was mundane motorway driving but it really does give you time to think and to chill out. Especially to music. And to that I must make a recommendation. I was listening to a cd of songs by Angie King, agape worker extraordinaire, and a talented singer/songwriter. Good stuff.
And right now I'm sat in my lounge in St Helens with 'Whats The Story Morning Glory?' by Oasis cranked right up on my dad's stereo. I'm feeling nostalgic, and it is marvellous. Especially when I have a big house to myself. Just me, the music, and a cup of coffee which I need to go and make actually. Hmm... Ok... Well as I do that I shall bid my farewell and hope that the craic is good with ye.
(P.S. This is my house. In the photo... Up at the top. You know what I mean. Ha.)
1 comment:
awwwwwww.....richy rich returns! I promise that sara will be making her way back to the land of blog, meanwhile, i can easily distract you and the others via posts. a good day lad and looking for a jolly weekend. cheers!
Post a Comment