I did have plans for a bigger, grander post, but for now I'd like to bring to the attention of you wonderful people the Commonwealth Games which begin in Melbourne, Australia, in about two weeks time.
The Commonwealth Games are like the Olympics without America and odd European countries etc. In essence all the countries that used to be a pinky-red colour on old maps, because they were in the British Empire, come together for a few weeks of international competition. And its cool. Ok so it is lacking as America is admittedly very good at sport, but we have Australia who are sporting mad and its just fun. The last games, held in 2002, where held in Manchester and for all you Agape STINTer types who go to that venerable city you walk past the Commonwealth swimming pool every time you go down Oxford Road. Anyway, find out more here:
http://www.melbourne2006.com/Channels/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's pretty dern exciting! Too bad I'm not in one of those pinky-red countries :(
and dude, love the new title :)
Post a Comment