Saturday, February 25, 2006

Jack Johnson

Last night I went to watch Jack Johnson at the Manchester Evening News Arena, and it was a fun evening. Jack put together a good, and comprehensive, set which had everyone tapping their leg, or hand, or bobbing their head with the beat. It also gave you the feeling that you weren't in Manchester, a city famed for its rainy climate, but rather that you were in some far of sunny place with a beach and few palm trees. Ahhh... Admittedly I do like the rain, but on a day when I was feeling the effects of a cold it was nice to think of a more sunny climate. Thanks Jack.

And aside from being at the gig, it was a cool evening with some good friends. Just making the trip to Manchester and back, as well as having a meal at Bella Italia, brought what had been a bit of a stressful week to a very pleasant end.

Here are some pictures.

To begin Mr Johnson in action on a very colourful stage...


Another shot of the stage which went a bit wrong and yet produced a pretty funky picture if you don't mind me saying...


The delightful people I was sat with. L-R: Sarah, Steph, Woody...


The M.E.N crowd, or at least half of it. Whenever I'm in a place like this two things always come to mind - firstly, it gives you some idea of what it would have been like to have been in the Colosseum in Rome (inner historian for you there folks), and secondly, it always amazes me how one person, or one group of people, can start to clap etc, and then the whole crowd will be doing the same thing. So many people influenced by so few...


And finally a random pic from the train home. Notice how studentesque everyone is. This is unusual on trains normally filled with scallies. As I said at the time, it made me feel like I was with my 'people'. Safe and secure with fellow Jack Johnsonites..

3 comments:

Kat said...

so yeah.....that screwed up pic totally rocks!

Totally awesome that ya'll got to go together and see such a cool show :)

Wish we were there! :) haha

Rich said...

Thanks for the compliment on the picture Kat.

Yeah he put on a good little show guys and it was a lot of fun.

Woody actually has a blog Tim, though its an MSN webspace thing and the link doesen't seem to work. I'll mention your enthusiasm for him starting one soon. Ha.

Anonymous said...

alright, jack johnson was awesome, thats a lovely picture of me with hair! shame its not there anymore. And hi tim my blog is now free for anyone to view, im trying to become a constant blogger, this is the address http://spaces.msn.com/amcminn85/,

all the best

Woody