Today I've had the rare opportunity to spend some quality time with my friends from home. By 'friends from home' I mean the guys that I went to primary school, high school, sixth-form college and even, in some cases, Uni with.
These are the people that I've grown-up with. The people that i saw almost every day for at least 10 years of my life. They are the people with whom I've shared so many firsts in my life, such as going abroad for the first time.
And I just want to say they are great. Today, one of my friends really needed our support, and we came through for him. En mass. Even though we are all slowly moving in different directions in our lives and in many cases living far away from home, we all came home to support and be with our friend.
Today has truly reminded me of the value of close, long-term friendship. It has also highlighted how great my mates from home actually are. Inspight of our growing differences, inspight of not living in the same town we are still a close knit group who care and watch out for each other. And that is fantastic. Such a priviledge. Such a blessing..
So heres a shout out to my mates:
Chris
Ste
Si
Ben
Alex
Rich (not me!)
Andy
Liz
(P.S. Uni guys... You are all great too...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment