Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hey Sports Fans...

Yo, yo, yo. So how goes it out there? Wherever you are I hope and trust the craic is good.

I thought i'd make a return to simple 'whats going on with me' posts for the moment, though i have loved being able to put together a photo review of the year and all compliments are much appreciated.

Anyway, today I took advantage of the new found blessing that is having my car in Liverpool. It is a rather nifty Fiat Punto and it carried me and Mr Moll at speed today to the Wirral. Here we caught up with our old friend Mr Richard Gott, who, as you will find in my archives on here somewhere got married back in the summer and subsequently moved out of Liverpool to the Wirral - for all those not in the know the Wirral is just the other side of the River Mersey.

It was great catching up with Rich and over two cups of coffee and some homemade brownies, the three of us put the world to rights in a way that only three British blokes can on a wintery afternoon. Marvellous.

After that I came home and watched some NBA with Evans - the Miami Heat against the LA Lakers to be exact - which was cool and took me back to my younger days of watching the LA Lakers trash the opposition when I was 15-16. Indeed the last few days have been witness to more and more American sport being watched in our house. Just the other day we watched the Pittsburg Steelers beat Indianapolis in a game which was vvv exciting even though we had no idea what was going on really. Splendid.

Oh and I ate a delicious brownie courtsey of the knife-throwing Ms Stephanie Gillette (www.sgillette.blogspot.com). Ha.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I second that motion.....Steelers better represent for the AFC!

And I wish we had that really cool satellite thing-a-ma-jig ya'll have up there, or at least somewhere to watch the freakin superbowl....