Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Postgrad...


Just as i'm sat at my desk I thought i'd give you a small taster of the wonders of the Research Postgraduate lifestyle.

Theres a lot to be said for being a full time academic researcher. As the picture shows I get to sit at a desk in my own room, drink coffee (in this case the coffee is some rather fine 'posh' ground coffee prepared by my housemate Damien, a man who is also sporting a rather splendid ginger beard right now), mess around with my laptop when i get bored and listen to music whenever i want. Even my work is pretty interesting right now - i'm looking at the London Times online which means I can in theory read about anything right back to 1781, which is cool.

Of course, as with anything, there are downsides to this lifestyle, the big one being a general lack of people. I have no lectures and no seminars and thus if could easily be possible for me to see no-one during the day. I am remarkably blessed in that my days rarely turn out like that, but it is still something to ponder on.

In the meantime watch out for some more Lakes pics if you are called Tim and live in Italy. Otherwise thanks for stopping by and I hope the craic is good.

No comments: