
Right. So this tagging business has it that I need to write about five quirks. Now that all depends on what 'quirks' are - I'm going with things that are 'different' rather than being odd.
1. Hugging. Ah hugging. I have gained a reputation for someone who is adverse to hugging and bad at it at that. Most stories revert to 'limp arms' and terrified expressions on my face. And yes, there is some truth in my lack of enthusiasm for the hug. I am not keen on hugging people that I am unsure about, and therefore when people do hug me generally i go into a mode of 'oh dear. whats happening?'. But - and this is a big but - I love hugging when its someone special. In that bracket i'd put a handful of good, or old, friends who I haven't seen for a while or are leaving - but even then it'd be rare for a hug to be seen. If however I am hugging my girlfriend then I love hugging. It is something I like a great deal and its cool. So I am a girlfriend only hugger... Ha.
2. Baths. Simple one now. I really enjoy taking baths. I will of course use the shower but given the choice I will take a bath anytime. Don't know why really though I'd imagine it has a lot to do with growing up in house that for a long time didn't have a shower.
3. Food. I am a fussy eater. As in really fussy. I have real issues with a large number of foods such a fish, vegetables, and for a long time even things like brown (wholemeal) bread. As time goes by I am improving in my tastes and i'll try to be as polite as possible when given things i'm not so keen on... But I am still an increadibly fussy, and slow, eater.
4. Nocturnal. I am in many senses nocturnal. I function well at 2 am and feel incredibly rough before 9 am. Even if i'm in bed by 1 am I will seriously struggle to get myself up and be functional befroe 9 am. It feels like I have huge weights attached to each eye lid and my body is often really, really cold. Its frustrating but in my student life I've grown to work with it.
5. Americanisms. Ok so I am, and have been for a while, very much American in my outlook. I freqeuntly have the Star Spangled Banner running through my head, I own a Stars and Stripes mug, as well as a host of other US related clothes and things. I love bagels, Jelly Belly jelly beans, Nooma's and i'm also developing a taste for US history. All this amounts to much mick-taking, and a very real feeling that I want to live in the good ole US of A.
Ok so those who have been tagged (Moll, Brit, Treece, Van Geldy, KC) note your 5 quirks on your blog and tag 5 others. Don't forget to tell them by commenting on their blog and telling them to read your own. Oh and tell them what they need to do.
6 comments:
You have to say who you've tagged on the screen and you should really put the rules on there aswell
ahh hahahahhahah... rich... you and baths.. that is awesome... good quirks.. yeah i think you need to come and visit the us of a... why not come for your easter holiday... i might still be here then and we can hang out :)
i liked the baths one too.
i laughed out loud.
i like that you have issues with vegtables. not tomatoes or corn or broccoli, but vegtables in general. then again, i suppose this is common in most picky eaters i know.
hehe. thanks rich
Christy - do you know I actually did look up how much flights to Columbus would be on the net at Easter. So.. It may not be beyond the realms of possibilty. And I'm glad you liked the bath quirk.
Brit - as with ms Staats I am delighted I can get you laughing with my day to day habits. Marvellous. And I thought that was my most boring quirk.
Ash - my food habits are very picky, particularly when it comes to all things green. Ha. So yeah. Almost every vegetable is public enemy number one. Haha.
Angie - I'm glad you liked my quirks.
Ok peeps.Hope the craic is good.
Reech
Post a Comment