
Difficult to know what to post about today. In general its going to be heavy so if you want something light hearted and fun then please enjoy this picture of Danny looking ecstatic at how the beer mat is sticking to his pint. Priceless...
So. To begin an apology. An apology to the Agape team for not attending their Life Objectives conference. Because of some pretty awful sleeping patterns i've got myself into of late I ended up getting to sleep at 5 am. Hence by the time my alarm went off at 8:30 today I was as the Aussies say 'bushwacked' or 'shattered'. I feel awful for missing the day and for missing seminars which i said i'd help with (KC).
And that takes me on to, well, me. What is going on with me right now? Seriously - what is it!? I feel like i'm pressing the self-destruct button, and its happeing bit by bit. I have this military analogy in my head at the mo - that of rallying around the flag. I need to rally around the flag, the flag that is God's amazing grace and truth, and set about one of the most comprehensive rebuilding phases i've had a as Christian. And that scares me, but I have very little choice it seems.
What I need is wisdom. Wisdom from the Lord. In the book of James it says this 'If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.' (James, Ch.1, v. 5)
In the book of Proverbs the first four chapters are related to the importance of that wisdom. I particularly like chapter two:
'My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
'For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth came knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those who are blameless, for he gurads the coruse of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
'Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.'
Tis cool. Ok guys. Catch you later.
No comments:
Post a Comment