Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Changing the guard....

If you where to head to Buckingham Palace sometime the chances are you would find yourself, along with many other touristy types, watching the changing of the palace guard. Now you may be wondering where it is that i'm going with this but hang-fire for a sec.

Today has been a metaphorical changing of the guard day here in the world of Liverpool studentdom. To begin with I went for a walk this afternoon and my route happened to take me past two of the big Liverpool University halls of residence. These are the places of legend to all those who count themselves as Liverpool alumni, be they past or present. Anyway, my walk coincided with the the first day of Freshers Week, the day infact when both of these halls fill to the rafters with 18 year olds... And... I felt OLD. Just walking past all those confused and often terrified kids... I am grateful that I am way, way passed it all.

When I got back to my house I came across the second changing of the guard. Yaqi, our temporary Chinese housemate left today to enter his new digs after having been with us for over three months. And it was kind of sad. He's become part of the house and its a shame to see him go... But still time moves on a pace.

The last and final part of the changing of the guard for today came from me heading to CU for a Prayer and Praise meeting. And here I found the guys who were freshers when i was entering the last year of my Undergraduate degree leading the meeting. And again I felt OLD. I'm intrigued to see how God will lead my in CU type things as I feel like I should still go to the main meetings, but when I'm there I don't feel as if I have a readily obvious role. That said I had some fanatastic talks with people tonight - swapping testimonies etc, and I felt that God was showing me ways in which I can serve him.

Marvellous

No comments: