
I love this picture. I took it about this time last year up in Yorkshire, and it just captures all the power and menace you get with a storm. Ok so its only a meagre British storm but still. Look at that weather front heading in.
I could ramble on for a while but I love the contrast where the two parts of the storm meet. Dark and gloomy on all sides and then a few tiny breaches allowing the sunlight and blue sky to shine through. Quality.
But enough about the picture. So how are you? Good I hope. I've had a pretty grand week since I last posted. I spent Thursday giving our German family friend a tour of Liverpool which was cool. Its bizzare but even though I've lived here for over four years, and, having been coming to Liverpool since I was a tiny baby, there are still parts of this city I don't really know at all or forget about in my day to day business. As part of the tour we spent a good bit of time looking around Sefton Park and then went up the Anglican Cathedral Tower. And up there it is breathtaking. You have views right over the city, the Wirral, the Mersey, and even over to Wales and the Pennines. Tis marvellous. We also checked out the Museum of Liverpool Life down by the docks which was actually pretty cool - well its not everyday you'll find yourself looking at Roman artefacts in Merseyside. So a good day.
Since then well I had the chance to spend some quality time with a good mate of mine on Friday. Its amazing how a few hours spent discussing matters (preferably with a focus on the Lord) can really help give you and others a focus on a situation. Good stuff.
After that I headed over to a rather spiffing party with the Agape guys, and it was great. I really do love hanging out with you guys. You are all great. I guess I can be annoying and frustrating with all my mick taking but I really do appreciate the fellowship I have with y'all. Thankyou.
And on Saturday it was cool too. Ok, so this time it was a little different in that me and Danny headed over to see what the craic was having heard of a toilet disaster at the girls house. But after the torrents of water had ceased flowing from the bathroom into the dining room it was a great day. You Americanos are class, splendid, spiffing, marvellous people and I feel honoured to know you.
1 comment:
Rich, thanks for posting on my blog! the websites made for some very interesting bedtime reading. I also had a good weekend and feel honored to know you guys too... although I don't add any unnecessary u's in my words...
(practicing my come backs for later)
have a good week :)
Post a Comment