Saturday, September 17, 2005

Colin the Conker

Well as i'm writing, yet another week has come to a close. Where does all the time go? I mean - really - where does time go? Just the other week I was thinking that the entire University summer (so thats June, July and August folks) has just blurred into one big blurry thing. Not the best use of language there, but still. Where does time go?

Anyway I really just want to try and sum up the week in this little post. To be honest its been a good one, if not a little odd.

On the good side then I got to spend some quality time with Brit, and also the new team (aka KC, Kevin, Stephanie, Angie, Danny), on Sunday and also Wednesday and Friday. And i'm incredibly thankful for this. I really like the new guys already and i'm looking forward to getting to know them this year, God willing. And of course its great, nay marvellous, to hang out with Brit, Toth and Ryan. You guys are class.

Still on the good side I've really been looking to grow in my faith and to seek the Lord recently, in a way that I haven't been so good at over the last few months. And when I do seek His will and teachings its been fantastic. The grace of the Lord is supreme and endless, and i am both blessed and grateful.

Slightly lower on the scale of goodness then I bought an amazing cd yesterday. Its is The Bends by Radiohead and it is fantastic. Bizarrely it was released 11 years ago and yet I'm only just coming across it now, but, I love it with a great deal of enthusiasm.

And as for the oddness, then to start I found that mid-week I was finding it hard going with the isolation that is effectively part of my course. But, even here, the Lord is sovereign and when I realised this things became a lot less stressful.

But still more oddity. Sadly I can't really go into detail on this issue as its a personal matter for a old friend of mine, but on Thursday I was approached for advice in a situation that was both unusal and very, very odd for me. But hey - makes life interesting.

Still its been a grand week - a week in which I learnt of 'Brutus the Buckeye' no less. 'Brutus' is of course the nutty mascot of THE (Thats for you Brit) Ohio State University Football team. And I find him most amusing. And I've renamed him 'Colin the Conker'.

7 comments:

Sara said...

ahhh...yes, the Brute. Mascots - do you have those? please dont let those gals, or lads, tease you and starve you from the most enjoyable recognition of buckeyes. SWEETS! yes, there is a most splendid dessert that only the yanks know how to make. (a request they must fulfill on my behalf) cheers mate!

Anonymous said...

i miss you guys.. :(

Brittney said...

it's THE Ohio State University. THE.

you better recognize or i'm going to whoop your tail.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Rich...do not let them con you into subscribing to Ohio State. They are a bit...well, delusional. And there should be NO refering to this educational instution as THE Ohio State University...come ON now. It would be like saying THE John Moores University. Stupid.

Rich said...

There is a buckeye dessert? Wow.. I'll make an enquiry at the part tonight. And Ash - don't worry. I'm a Michigan man at heart. Well, at least in an American sense. Yep i'm a true blue and its all thanks to a Michigan T. Though Brit I'm also a Cincinnati fan....

Anonymous said...

whew...its good to know that YOU have your head screwed on straight. yes there is a buckeye dessert and its dead good. maybe those americans will you some? (some ingredients may need to be imported).

Rich said...

I'm perplexed that you can make a conker (buckeye in the UK) into a pudding. Amazing. And in the UK all we do is play conkers (put some string through the middle and then try to break them with another conker - two man game). Huh. Go Michigan!! (Can I get away with saying that?)