Eric Clapton is great. Well some of his songs are good anyway. I'm listening to his MTV: Unplugged album. Amazing guitar playing. Oh and I like this picture - I took it out of the boy Danny's window this morning.
I've been thining about what to write here for a wee while, but, even with considerable amounts of thinking time invested, i've decided to stump for a simple 'what have I been up to' account. So... What have I been up to?
Well, to be honest, this week has been a time of getting back to reality - at least in terms of university. On Monday, for example, I paid my tuition fees which was an experience in itself. In order to pay the Uni, you are required to stand in line for upwards of an hour with what is quite easily one of the most diverse, and most international, groups of people you will come across anywhere. It really is something to behold, though I must add here that I like this particular part of paying tuition fees. Its fun to know that you are surrounded by people from almost every continent on the planet.
However, there are of course less enthralling aspects - one of them being the massive uncertainty that goes with working out what que you should be standing in (there are 3, each for a different method of payment - though it should be noted you aren't really informed which line is which), knowing full well that if you get to the desk in the wrong line you will be consigned to the back of the correct que for another hour. Needless to say I was in the wrong que, but the delightful, nay wonderful lady on the desk recognised my inner depression and let me pay. For this i am extremely thankful.
Today I went into Uni again, this time to meet with my supervisor who has returned to Liverpool after a year on sabbatical in Belfast. And I was a little nervous beforehand. I hadn't met up with her for about 4-5months and I'm a little behind in my scheduled work. But it was actually a very good meeting. I am apparently doing well, working steadily enough and am thinking along the right lines re the completion of my thesis. I have also been told that I may be able to teach a seminar group next semester. Ha!
Otherwise the last few days have been an amazing time of fellowship and friendship for which I am as ever grateful.
1 comment:
Hey Joanna.
Thanks for commenting on the old blog. Appreciated. I'm glad you like the picture too. Urban Victorian landscapes are marvellous. And Corination Street is horrendously bad.
And on that i'm heading to bed.
R
Post a Comment