Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Red Rose of Lancashire


So another post in quick succession. Ostensibly it is to post this picture, and more importantly what it shows. This is the Rose of Lancashire, the traditional symbol of the county that I would call my home. Think of it as my home state if you will. Ok so I live in Merseyside in reality but until 30 years ago Merseyside was Lancashire and had been for somewhere close on 800 years. So its Lancashire to me. I thought i'd post it given all that stuff about being a true Lancashire lad at the top of the blog.

As a wee side note I'd just like to say how amazing it is that we can go from being on top of the world and as confident as anything to feeling trully humbled for what seems like no reason at all.

Last night I went to sleep on a high, having just come off the back of 3 or 4 great days being back in Liverpool. This morning for no real reason I felt low and humbled. Odd.

No comments: